Thursday 24 May 2012

Testimony of Danville Kids


I started to work two afternoons a week at a primary school in Danville at their after school care. The kids are awesome! But as expected there are some challenges. I believe that most of the time it’s a case of problem parents, rather than problem children. Swearing, bullying, racism and disrespect is some of the challenges. There are some cases I fear that can be worse. Today was only my second day so I'm still learning a lot!

BUT, what a second day it was!!! One girl suffered from a severe stomach bug. She was in real bad shape. I called her aside with me and few of her friends followed. I explained a bit about prayer and our Lord Jesus and that He still heals the sick today. That's that! The kids started praying, mostly the very young. At first it was the Lord’s Prayer and then it was some rhyme they learned. It was very special! I then showed them how to lay hands on the sick and ask Jesus for healing. They did it beautifully! It was awesome! The girl got healed instantly! We all then thanked the Lord together, giving praise and thanks where it’s due. It is all about Jesus and His love! The girl was laughing and playing the entire afternoon!

Later, another girl accidentally hurt her back whilst on the swings. Then her friend and her brother prayed for her. She couldn't move her back. She said she felt something funny moving through her back and few seconds later Jesus healed her! We again praised our wonderful Almighty God! The girl played and danced around the rest of the day!

The teacher also heard what was happening and then asked if we could pray for her. She's got tooth pain. I called some kids and asked them to lay hands on the teacher to pray. She later just sat still and gave everyone opportunity to pray for her cause Jesus healed her already! She was very pleasantly surprised that God healed her this quick!

Just after that a young girl got a pain as well. I'm not too sure what was wrong but before I could ask, the other kids grabbed her and sat in a circle around the youngster. They all then prayed for her asking Jesus to heal their friend! This is kids that is use to give each other nothing but trouble. They constantly fight. Now they are praying together!!!

I do not want to take any glory for what happened here today for all honour and glory is to our Lord and Savoir Jesus Christ. But I did notice a few things through all this. Firstly, when I drove there I didn't thought I was going to work, but I was going to minister. To my shame I realized that this must be our attitude every day when driving to work. Lord, what do You want me to do today? Doesn't matter where you work! If this can be our attitude every day, it is impossible for SA not to change! I also saw how hungry kids (people) are for Truth. It was so easy to show these kids how to pray and they just took over! Discipleship is the name of the game! It’s simple and easy! There is a new generation standing up for Truth and these youngsters need to see that the world doesn't have to be a dark place. The Light is alive and is the Source of Life and abundance in victory! Let us go and be Jesus!

 



I also had an opportunity to pray this morning in a hospital for a mother who's 5 week young daughter is deadly sick and should have been dead 2 weeks ago. The mother's faith is amazing and the supernatural Strength that operates through her cannot be missed! There is a bug busy eating the baby's brain. We prayed and I know God was there. I know He did something! I pray that He healed her completely and for an awesome testimony! The sad part of the story for me is how some Christians behave with this kind of stuff. The hospital complains because being overwhelmed with phone calls, which is good I think, but then some people just pitch up at hospital. Due to the baby's condition, the hospital cannot allow "unnecessary" visitors. Only family. One guy started swearing at the hospital staff and the staff also complained that the people get extremely rude when the hospital don't reveal any information and allow visitors. Some people just walked in to the room up to the baby, picked up her blanket, stared for a few seconds and walked away. Not speaking to the mother sitting there, nothing!

My brothers and sisters in Christ, I urge us to check our behaviour. We are ambassadors for Jesus. How do we represent Him? Where is the love and the support for the parents? For the baby? For the family? There is No reason to get upset when things doesn't go our way. God will open the doors if He can trust you. He did it for me this morning! We were not allowed, but yet by just giving love and support to the mother, she personally took us in! Please let us not bring more damage to a already broken world. The entire creation is in eager awaiting for the sons of God to stand up. If it's not love, it is NOT God! Let us share Gods love to all! Let us love one another and respect each other as Gods creation.

It’s all about the love!!!






No comments:

Post a Comment